Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Attempt #1 - DIY wedding

I have been thinking a lot about the idea of doing DIY wedding crafts. Since I had really wanted a beach wedding, but did not get one, I thought it would be fun for me to "plan" the wedding I would have had. I started looking at beach themed wedding ideas, and OH MY WORD are there a ton of things out that. I found this seashell boutonniere that I thought are really cool!! I have been really into crafty boutonniere's lately, ones made with more than just flowers. This was my inspiration for my first craft project.


I went to Joann's fabric, bought all the things I needed except I choose burlap for the backing. After that I broke out my glue gun sadly, though, it was never even warmed up!! I laid the seashells in every which way and could not come up with anything that looked nearly as cute as this one. So it's back to the drawing board for me!!! I wanted to post my failed project to show you that we can't always get what we want the first time and it is okay to mess up and start over. I have no idea what I am going to try for my next attempt, but I will be sure to share with you once I complete (or restart) it.

0 comments: