Sunday, March 2, 2014

In for the long hall

A little while ago I was starting to move towards the sale of With This Ring. We had a couple people interested and pursue the purchase into some pretty deep conversations. After the last person backed out and decided to go another route my husband and I started discussing our options. To make a long story short, I have decide to not actively pursue the sale of my business but spend more time focusing on reaching the brides that fit me best. It's easy to get caught up in the fast paced life of being a wedding vendor, but for me, I want to slow down and focus a bit more on the quality of my service. I have always held myself and my staff to a high level of service, so this next year I am going to focus getting my team to the next level. I believe if I am going to grow as a person and a planner I can never be totally happy with what I'm doing. I always need to be looking at how I can do better, be more effect, find more exciting and fun ways to get to know my clients. I don't want to be just about how many weddings I do in a season, I want to be more about the brides and how I made their day more special. I feel like to much stress is but on couples to have the biggest and most unique wedding, but really as long as they are staying try to themselves, that uniqueness is going to come through. No two couples are the same and you can use the sam linens, mason jars, venue as 100 people before you and it still won't be exactly the same. I'm okay with that, I want to help my brides find their uniqueness through conversations over coffee and pulling things off of shelves and playing around with decor. I want more than anything to give my brides the feeling that I know them so well that it feels like a friend is fluffing their train just before they walk down the aisle!

The picture above was the Salem Dream Wedding Workshop I hosted today at the Salem Convention Center. Standing back and listening to these wonderful vendors share their knowledge and try to help these brides make sense out of the wedding planning process, it was fun for me. I love sharing knowledge and connecting people. SO as of right now that's what I'm gonna do! I might have thought I was done with the wedding industry, but fate as it seems, has other ideas 

0 comments: