Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The event side of things


I have had the joy of doing some really great events in my career. One of my favorite is a bridal shower I helped an aunt plan for her favorite niece. She really wanted to go all out and transform an ordinary conference room into a hot pink and green sassy party. She spared no expense on chairs, linen's, fabric drape, party favors, cupcakes and food. She wanted to play a game or two but didn't want the traditional toilet paper bride type games, so I was set with the challenge of coming up with something fun but not cheesy.

What was so fun for me about this event was the one on one time I got with the aunt and how not stressful it was. There weren't all the same stresses on the day of the event that you can run into with a bride, she was so excited to show up and see all the work her aunt put into the event for her. AND to top it off, I got to work with some of my regular wedding pro friends. Megan from Red Pearl designs did the invites. Courtney from Flip Flop Sounds did the lighting and all my rentals came from the wonderful Linda at Barclay Event Rentals

Sometimes I just love to sit back and plan an event that is a touch more simple than a wedding but still really well put together!



0 comments: