Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winter Wedding Tips

It's no secrete to those who know me that I love the holiday season and winter time. The first year I was married I was so excited to make ornaments and a tree skirt. Actually, I wanted a winter wedding, but "settled" with a June one so that we could go to Hawaii for a nice hot honeymoon, I know settled right!!

So what does all this have to do with a winter wedding. Nothing really, haha!! But here are a couple tips I would like to share for the upcoming winter season. 
1. Rain: Consider having your ushers ready to meet you guests at their cars with umbrellas. I would not suggest the groomsmen because their attire might get dirty when walking through the rain or snow. Also, some facilities have golf carts. These are great for elderly guests or ones with young children. See if they will let you use it.
2. Hot Drink Bar: Everyone loves a warm drink. So why not serve hot cider, tea, coffee, or lattes at happy hour, as a signature drink, or even in to go cups as they are leaving. You could personalize a coffee sleeve to say thank you and they would become your party favors.
3. Reception Meal: Let's follow that warmness with some hot soup maybe in bread bowls for dinner. Nothing says winter more to me than a yummy vegetable soup and sour dough bread!! (I'm getting hungry)

4. Sugar Cookie Cakes: This is not to specific to winter weddings, but I definitely think of Christmas when I bake sugar cookies. Here is a link to Martha Stewart's cut idea for sugar cookie cakes.  sugar-cookie-cakes

Finally, I want to show off my first stocking I have ever made. I am really proud of it because I didn't have anything to go on except what was in my head. There are a couple flaws, but for my first one and with nothing to guide me, I am happy with it.  It even has a lining and batting, too!!! We'll see if I make more, but it sure did fill my crafting itch for today.

0 comments: