Monday, October 18, 2010

Make it Monday-Napkins

Make it Monday is my new version of Me and Martha Monday. I am really wanting to do project and show things to brides that I am not finding on Martha Stewart weddings, so I am changing it up a little.

For this weeks Make it Monday I am going to be giving you napkin ideas. This weekend I spent some time with my Aunt Lorna who has some amazing sewing tools. I took the opportunity to make some cloth napkins. It was so incredibly easy that I knew I wanted to share it with you. So all I did was buy my fabric at the store with a coupon. When you buy one single cut of fabric at Jo-Ann's is counts to get 50% the entire piece. So it can be very affordable. I used my Aunts quilting square, view here, to make sure they were all the same size. Then I used her surging machine to make a simple rolled hem.



Now just for fun, and because I had never used an embroidery machine, I decided to add a little decoration to them. If you know someone who has a machine you could put your wedding date, your last name or initial if you want to use them at home after the wedding. Here is what I did.

This was a really simple project, you would just need to have someone you know who can let you use their machines. 

I also wanted to suggest Ikea for a great place to get napkins. They have a great set of napkins called Fantastisk, view here You get 50 napkins for $2, I don't know any place with this nice a napkin for that price. These are super nice and if you still wanted to add a personal touch you could stamp them with your initials or last name.

0 comments: