Monday, September 13, 2010

Me and Martha Monday Project #10

I spent a lot of time on Martha Stewart Weddings this weekend looking for a project for today. It's not that I couldn't find a project to do, it was that they have so many templates that you can download for all kinds of projects. I actually became jealous of all the things that Martha's website has to offer brides. I know she has been in the business for a LOT longer than me and she has so many people working for her that she probably doesn't even know all the stuff on the site. Non the less, I really enjoyed seeing all the stuff there is for brides, I actually wish that this was available years ago when I got married, still a little jealous!!!

Okay so on to my project. I picked this one because I have lots of paper and velum and I wanted to try and make the bag myself. Depending on the bride, time frame, and budget. I would so much more recommend that you purchase the bags rather than make them. Small gift bags come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I have even bought clear bags from The Paper Zone.

I started by printing out the template
Then cut it on my paper trimmer
I found a bag template online, but since it printed weird I copied and pasted to publisher so I could get the entire template on one sheet.
Then I cut out the velum.
I was not happy with the combination so I changed and printed the flowers on velum and the bag on green card stock.
Since the template was already cut out I laid it flush so I had two less cuts to make.
And these were the final products. I like the one on the left better, but since it is card stock it will not close. So I added some tissue. But I decided to make one more change.
I cut one of the flowers down to fit inside a clear plastic bag. I got these from The Paper Zone and they are pretty reasonable prices. This one is almost the size of a business card. So if you were going to fill it with candy or flower seeds, it would be a perfect size to keep the cost down, but give your guests a nice gift.

0 comments: