Tuesday, March 18, 2014

AM Northwest - Getting ready for the big day



Every month I have the honor of doing a segment on AM Northwest. Every time I finish the it I feel like I barely scratched the surface of all the things I wanted to share. So from now on I am going to post all my segment notes with a link to the segment on here as a way to share more of my advice and thoughts. If there's one thing I love to do, it's share ideas/advice/knowledge to help brides have a more enjoyable wedding day!
Pre wedding prep

    • Everyone can start preparing for the big day not just the bride and groom. Mom's, Dad's, bridal party, even guests
    • Almost everyone tells me they want to loose a few pounds before the wedding
    • Make sure to loose it in a healthy way and I suggest doing it as a group with a professional. You don't want anyone passing out on the big day because they are on an unsafe diet or exercise routine
    • There are other areas you can/need prepare besides weight. Skin, nails, teeth, hair
      For the bride:
    • Make sure to do a trial run on hair and makeup
    • Do the trail run on a day you have something fun going on, bridal shower, date night, bachelorette party, etc.
    • When buying a dress don't be over confident in how much you can loose. A dress can only be let out a size or two depending on the seam allowance.  
      Wedding day prep:
    • Try and get to bed at a good time and expect to have a hard time falling asleep because of excitement and anticipation
    • Drink lots of water
    • Eat breakfast
    • Have snacks to eat throughout the day and/or an assigned person for delivering food to the bride and grooms room. If possible have stuff for the entire bridal party.
    • Have a professional do your hair and make up. I had a bad experience doing my own hair and I regret it because it's now in all my pictures and I can't get it back.

    0 comments: